Month: December, 2016
Q: Can I bring along someone for support?
A: YES! Of course! This is all about you. Whatever makes you comfortable, is my motto! I know there are a lot of photographers that don’t like other people messing with their mojo, but I don’t feel that way at all. I think that’s silly, and a little bit of a power trip.
I have had clients bring friends, boyfriends, husbands, lovers, you name it. I feel like I have gotten a little taste of it all, and let’s just say not all have not been great, but I would never denny my client’s wants and desires.
I do my best to making sure Boudoir Los Angeles is a place where clients get to live out their fantasies, providing those fantasies don’t involve he and she colliding their P and V. Lol. Maybe for a fine art project someday, who knows, I guess I can never say never.
Anyhoo…We want you to feel 100% comfortable and totally relaxed. If you have a support person who helps bring out your sexy, then we say, yes of course, bring them, the more the merrier!
What can I expect during my boudoir session?
The team here at Boudoir Los Angeles is here make sure that your boudoir experience is way easier than you ever imagined it to be. By the time you leave, you’ll be scheming in your head another good excuse when you can do this again. And if you are anything like my previous clients, the 2nd time you come back, you’ll will want to bare it all!
I’ve now had my boudoir business for over 6 years and I don’t take a day for granted. I love every minute of my life and I feel so incredibly blessed to have the tools to do what I do! I’ve worked very hard to get where I am today.
I have also been extremely committed to working on myself , digging deeper, and expanding my knowledge of self for more than half of my life. With every year, my wisdom grows and my heart expands.
My passions light my way and when you get in front of my lens my beam goes straight to you. I have spent a lot of my career as a photographer working on my skills of making women feel confident in from of my lens, and after 20 years of shooting, I think I can confidently say, I’ve accomplished that!
Not one of my boudoir clients have ever walked away unhappy with their photos. I say that with every ounce of truth. So what you can expect is, to love your images, feel and look absolutely beautiful, and yes last but not least have damn good time. Is that good enough??
The Best “First Year Anniversary” Gift Ever!
Anniversary gifts are tricky. The occasion is so laden with meaning and expectations that many people get cold feet when it comes to picking something that stands for commitment, love and dedication.
Traditionally speaking the first anniversary calls for the gift of “paper”.
At least in the US!
I know this is a guideline for family and friends. But it can also apply to SOs
And this is why I always suggest a couple of sizzling boudoir clicks as the sexy gift that will keep on giving.
Well…its paper right?
If you are on the fence about making intimate photography a part of your first anniversary celebration, I will give you two reasons that will make a lot of sense.
- People get so excited when they tie the knot or enter into a serious relationship. The year after the “I Do” is often known as the honeymoon phase. But what they forget is the fact that living together or being more “available” to each other can often strip the mystery and the anticipation from the union. It is over the first year that the disillusionments become the most pronounced. That people travel the road from infatuation to mature affection and are still stuck in the middle. A boudoir shoot and its clicks is the best possible way to bring excitement back into the setting. To tease and titillate and revisit the courtship.
- The gift of intimate photography is almost like a renewal of the vows. Not many women are fully comfortable with deliberate and seductive exposure for the purpose of documentation. Even if you sleep in the same bed and there are no secrets between you and your man, shooting some boudoir images for his eyes is a declaration of your trust in him and the longevity of the relationship. Believe me; he will appreciate your thoughtful gesture from the bottom of his heart.
Okay now that we have the validity of the gift out of the way, let’s look at some tips to personalize your first anniversary boudoir session for images that he will not forget in a hurry.
- Remind him that you are God’s gift. This one is very popular. It is the classic nudie with a red ribbon bow either at the throat or round the middle for that festive and celebratory appeal. If you aren’t comfortable baring it all, don a nice skimpy negligee. That works too.
- The inclusion of his essence. What’s your man’s dressing style? Is he more into vests? Does he do the oversized male robes? Filch a garment from his wardrobe and present yourself in this obviously, essentially male item of clothing. It is a tribute to his presence in your life and always melts the heart.
- Hint at what’s to come. How do you want to wrap up your anniversary night? Yes…most ladies have just that in mind. It is a lovely and exciting touch to tantalize your guy with the promise of a “grand finale” to top the experience, appropriately captured in sizzling photographs.
Long story short nothing can beat the impact boudoir shots bring to your first anniversary gift.
Come on – try it out.
You can thank me later.
You can do anything you set your mind to, is what my Mama always told me. Even though it’s ingrained in my mind, I can often forget it. That’s why I love to write my dreams, my goals down, so I can circle back and see what I have manifested.
Before we were told we had to move out of our home and few months ago I wrote my dreams down. I forgot about till I found it the other day. It’s been three weeks since moving and I have not been this happy in a long time. I keep pinching myself because I still can’t believe it’s it’s real. Now that I see what I what I wrote, I can’t help but think I must have created this sudden move to remove us from the comfort zone of compliance that we were living in. I can’t help but think, damn Marisa, look how powerful you are. You created what you wanted and beyond.
This what I wrote…
I dream of being surrounded by nature and beauty. I dream of having my own garden and lots of fruits and veggies. I dream of getting up every day and sitting in my garden to write and meditate. I dream of having lots of dinner parties, and a place where my friends and I can dance the night away. I dream of being closer to the people I love and my studio.
Finding a place surrounded by nature in Los Angeles is not an easy task, but here I am, by my will and gumption, sitting here on my beautiful meditation nook, overlooking my garden, over a 2 acre lot, with papaya, lemon, lime, and orange trees. Butterflies, squirrels, birds are all around me. Not only am I surrounded by nature and beauty, I’m down the street from one of my best friends, and 10 minutes from my studio.
My heart is exploding with gratitude and I just wanted to take a moment to remind you, just in case you forgot, you can do anything you put your mind to. Write it down, declare to the universe, feel the sense of joy like you already received it, then let the magic unfold!
Say hello to THE NEST, and my new beginning! I’m sure I will be shooting here often!
I love exploring the different facets of boudoir. And the more I put the concept under the lens of observation, the more it grows, evolves and teases me with possibilities. The sky’s literally the limit.
The Gladdest Moment In Human Life, Me Thinks, Is A Departure Into Unknown Lands.
I completely agree with the quote by Sir Richard Burton.
I am a footloose fancy free traveler for whom more than the décor, the design, the food and the extravagance the sheer pleasure of making forays into lands unknown (or at least less visited) holds the charm. When I chance upon a beautiful little niche on a beach where the sun is shining just right and the glittering glimmering sand is beckoning me into its embrace, I want to whip out my camera and start shooting.
I find myself more creative. I find myself bolder and empowered. And if I can’t coax any of my girlfriends into posing for my inner, insatiable shutterbug, I take the clothes off myself!
And that is why I urge all the ladies out there to really think about destination boudoir.
Why Should You Shed Your Inhibitions at Your Holiday Destination?
Basically boudoir on the go or destination boudoir involves pampering yourself with an intimate photography session when you are on a vacation. Why would you want to do that?
- Well, for starters when you are on a leave, you are in the mindset for fun. You have actually blocked dates from your busy schedule for rest, relaxation and rejuvenation. This mood translates oh so well into sizzling and intense clicks. You are not thinking about your next presentation or the kids or even the boyfriend. You can just focus on the diva within and let her out.
- Destination boudoir works wonders for the backdrop. Come on….if you have chosen to travel to some exotic loan inanimate hills, valleys and waves as memories. Become an inextricable part of them!
- There is such a shift in the way women think when they opt for intimate sessions away from their home city. I have seen it in my clients over and over again. It is as if the judgments, the oppression and the hesitance are left behind. You can take on a new persona. Try out different things! Be who you want to be without apologies.
There are just a few things you should keep in mind though.
Do due diligence on the photographer you choose. Face time her on Skype and ensure that you are comfortable working with her vibes. Otherwise what is supposed to be a once in a lifetime high will turn into a drag. You don’t want that.
If you are doing this abroad, make sure that the clicks will be ready by the time you leave. Otherwise there is no point in going through with the preparations.
Ensure that the area where you will be shooting is conducive to intimate sessions. Read up on the location and don’t be afraid to ask questions.
Go ahead ladies – give it a shot.
Flying by Los Angeles any time soon? I would love to bring out your sexy on the El Matador Beach or under the waterfalls of the Arboretum. It will be amazing!